Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Exempt Collection

Where would life take us if we were exempt from duties and obligations? Wouldn’t those be our most enjoyable moments? Or would they be our most fearful ones?

The Exempt, my exhibition of paintings, showcases the moods of those exempt from obligations, for just a few moments. That privileged solitude then, brings a sense of exalted freedom in some, a furtive moment of insecurity in others, and a thankfulness towards the almighty in a few.

Being held at The Next Shop, N-Block Market, Greater Kailash I, The Exempt will be on from Dec 5 – 10, 2007. A fusion of colors in acrylics on canvas, The Exempt is my third exhibition. Last year, my exhibition at The Next Shop, In Black & White depicted women in the purity of these two colors, and received a grand response. But... I manage only one exhibition a year since corporate life, travel and family allow me only so much. However, during the moments I paint, I feel “exempt” from the world, a feeling I personally enjoy and look forward to. The lack of duty, obligation or liabilities is a wonderful feeling. You could pray, dance like no one’s looking, or just be.

You can reach me on rchhachhi@gmail.com for feedback or buying options.

No comments: